V-TOL Aerospace has executed a Joint Development Agreement with the ASX listed battery manufacturer Li-S Energy and the solar cell manufacturer Halocell Energy. The aim of this agreement is to design and manufacture two (2) cutting edge multi-purpose drones:
- Pegasus I – a small drone designed for low-level infrastructure survey. It will enable:
- Large-area surveying and real-time AI-driven infrastructure fault detection.
- Long-duration “dawn til dusk” (12-14 hours) communication relay operations.
- Pegasus II – a large drone designed for high altitude, long endurance flights (weeks to months at a time). It will enable:
- A semi-permanent communications platform that can be positioned on-demand.
- A wide range of large-area and on-going environment monitoring capabilities for multiple kinds of imaging sensors.
“These aircraft types equipped with advanced Li-S Energy’s storage and Halocell’s next-gen solar panels will be Australian Designed & Made by V-TOL Aerospace. The geospatial and communication capabilities of a highly redundant multi-purpose network of Pegasus I & II aircraft will offer Australian industries a capability only limited by our imaginations,” says Mark Xavier CEO of V-TOL Aerospace.
“We look forward to delivering these products with our Joint Development Partners & Industry Program Participants,” he continued.